Solving math inequalities with fractions is easy when applying the rules presented in this video.
• When you add or subtract the same number from each side of an inequality, the relationship between the two sides does not change.
• When you multiply or divide each side of an inequality by a positive number, the relationship between the left side and the right side does not change.
• When you multiply or divide each side of an inequality by a negative number, the relationship between the left side and the right side reverses.
The above rules can be summarized in the following six formulas:
If m < n, then m+p < n+p
If m < n, then m-p < n-p
If m < n and p > 0, then mp < np
If m < n and p < 0, then mp > np
If m < n and p > 0, then m / p < n / p
If m < n and p < 0, then m / p > n / p
Watch the following videos to learn how to apply the above rules.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades