Khanacademy teaches us how to handle simple inequalities (less than or more than). In an equation, we usually have one solution. In problems involving inequalities, there is a whole set of answers. For instance, x minus five is less than 35. The answer for x is a whole series of numbers that when five is taken away from it, is less than 35. This equation is handled like any other equation involving an equal sign. We add five on both sides of the equation and the answer for x is any number that is less than 40 (35 plus five). To help us visualise the problem, a number line is used to illustrate the solution.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades