Watch the following video to understand the steps necessary when simplifying square roots.
To simplify expressions with radicals, follow these simple steps:
• Write the radicand (the number underneath the radical sign) as a product of prime numbers. For larger numbers you can write the factor tree to find the prime factorization.
• In this prime factorization identify pairs of equal numbers.
• For each such pair, take one number in front of the radical sign and do not write the other equal number at all.
• Multiply the remaining factors underneath the radical sign.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades