In order to simplify complex rational expressions, it is important to be able to find the lowest common denominator. Complex rational expressions are fractions that are divided by fractions. When you have found the lowest common denominator, then, you should multiply both fractions by the common denominator. With 4/x divided by 3/y, the common denominator it xy. Therefore, you should multiply the top and bottom by xy. Then, simplify the expression. This will give you 4y/3x. Regardless of how complicated the problem is the process will always be exactly the same as this simple problem. Look at all of the denominators. Then, figure out what the lowest common denominator is. Then, multiply all of the equations by the common denominator. Then, simplify it. Then, solve it. Make sure it's in its simplest form.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades