In order to simplify complex variables, you must first consider the numerical values separate from the variable. In the case of 24x/48x, you would look at the numbers alone to see if they have any factors. These numbers have the number 6 in common. So, divide it by 6. This will give you 4/8. This still requires some simplification. Two is still a factor for both. So, divide it again by four. This will give you 1/2. Now, if the numerator was raised to the second power, in the original equation, and the denominator was raised to the fourth power, then, you can use cancelation to simplify them. xx/xxxx. If you use cancelation, this will leave you with 1/xx or one over x squared.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades