In this video the instructor shows how to simplify a complex fraction. A complex fraction is a fraction that has fractions in both the numerator and the denominator of the original fraction. Complex fractions can look intimidating but are generally simple to solve, as shown in this video. A fraction is nothing but a division of its numerator and its denominator. So in a complex fraction basically you are dividing two fractions. Now you can turn this division into multiplication by multiplying the numerator with the reciprocal of the denominator. Now cancel the common factors in the numerator and the denominator to arrive at the simple fraction, which is the simplified form of the original fraction.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades