This video teaches us the method to simplify the fractions. Let us take an example of 18/24. Find a number that goes into both 18 and 24. Divide the top and bottom by the same number. Here, 2 will go into both numbers. So, the number now becomes (18/2)/(24/2) which gives 9/12. This fraction can be further simplified by dividing the top and bottom by 3. We get 3/4 which is our final answer. The fractions 18/24, 9/12 and 3/4 are called equivalent fractions since they are of the same size. Similarly 16/40 can be simplified by dividing by 4 and then by 2 again to get 2/5. 75/150 can be simplified in one step by dividing top and bottom by 15. If there are common factors of the top and bottom it can be simplified. This finishes the task.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades