In this math tutorial, you will learn how to reduce fractions using the prime factoring method. The narrator, a math teacher, of the video begins by defining what prime numbers are. This is important to know. When reducing fractions you need to reduce both the numerator and the denominator down to numbers that cannot be reduced by any other numbers but 1 and itself (prime numbers). The method the video teaches is to find the prime factors of both numerator and the denominator to simplify the reduction of a fraction by canceling out like numbers such as 2 and 3. The video also illustrates two methods for prime factoring a number such as the tree method and the ladder method. After watching this tutorial you will be able to understand how to effectively reduce fractions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades