You should always try to reduce a fraction until it can't be reduced anymore. To do this, look at your fraction and figure out the greatest number BOTH the numerator and denominator can be divided by. This is called the GCF - the greatest common factor. In the video, the problem you must solve is (15/18). What number can be divided into both 15 and 18 evenly? The answer is 3.
Divide your GCF into the numerator to reduce it. In this problem, that means dividing 15 by 3 to get a value of 5, our new numerator. Then do the same with the denominator. Here, it's 18 divided by 3 for a value of 6. Our new answer is 5/6. Can it be reduced any further? Nope. That's it! You're done!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades