In this tutorial, we learn how to reduce and simplify fractions. When you do this, you want to make sure you have taken common factors out of the top and bottom, then divide them out until the only common factor is the number one. You will keep going until you get to this point, or you can do another method by finding the greatest common factor. To understand this better, take the example of 24/64. The greatest common factor of these numbers is 8, because it divides evenly into both of them. First, divide 24 by 8, then 64 by 8. The number you get it 3/8, and you have simplified your fraction!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades