In this Education video tutorial you will learn how to perform short division. The first example is a division by a single digit; 741 divided by 3. You write it as shown in the video and start dividing from the left digit. So, 7 divided by 3 will give 2 with 1 as remainder. Write this down as demonstrated in the video. 1 and 4 make 14 and dividing 14 by3 will give 4 and remainder is 2. Now dividing 2 and 1, that is 21 by 3 you get 7. The answer is 247. The next example is 847 divided by 5. 8 divided by 5 is 1 and 3. 34 divided by 5 is 6 and 4. 47 divided by 5 is 9 and the remainder is 2. The final remainder can be written as a fraction; which is 2/5. So, the final answer is 169 and 2/5.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades