Learn how to use a protractor when measuring math angles.
An angle is formed by two rays with a common endpoint called the vertex. The most common unit used when measuring angles is the degree.
Follow these easy steps when using a protractor to measure angles:
1) Place the center of the protractor on the angle's vertex.
2) Rotate the protractor so that the straightedge is placed over one of the angle's sides.
3) Use the scale that begins with zero. Read where the other side of the angle crosses this scale.
Angles can be classified based on their measure.
An acute angle measures between 0 and 90 degrees.
A right angle measures 90 degrees.
An obtuse angle measures between 90 and 180 degrees.
A straight angle measures 180 degrees.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades