To add two fractions we need to add the numerator and denominator. For example:
1/4+ 3/8=5/8. 3 is known as the numerator and 8 is called the denominator. Before adding fractions, first of all we need to take the LCM of the denominator and then divide the denominator with the LCM value and then multiply the numerator with the quotient. 3/9+7/9=10 /9. Let's add 1/16+ 1/3=? Take the LCM of 16 and 3. It will be 48. Now it will look like this: 3/48 + 16/48= 19/48.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades