In this tutorial you are shown exactly how to do algebraic long division when terms are missing in the polynomial. Follow these steps and you can divide whatever you'd like:
Dividend/Divisor = Quotient
1. Write out your equation. If there is a missing term you have to write it as 0x to whatever power is missing.
2. What do you multiply the first variable in the divisor by to get the first variable in the dividend? Write that in your quotient.
3. Multiply your quotient to your divisor and write it under your dividend.
4. Subtract that value from the dividend.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 using the equation you get after the dividend subtraction.
6. Your remainder will be whatever constant is left.