The video begins with a piece of paper with questions 6 and 7 on from section 1.3. The narrator introduces these two questions as both having to do with graphing on a number line. Starting with question 6, which asks the person to graph -11/4 on a number line, the narrator draws a number line with the numbers up to -5 on the left, up to +5 on the right of 0 in the middle. She starts by showing -3 as an example, and then draws a black dot on the line at the point of the number 3. She then illustrates the example of 4 and a half by drawing a black halfway between the number 4 and number 5 on the line. She then moves on to -11/4, converting the number into a mixed number -2 3/4. She then illustrates this by drawing a black dot on the number line past the number -2 and then 3/4 of the distance between -2 and -3. She then moves onto question 7 which asks which is smaller out of -6 or -2. The narrator states that the smaller number is the number which is further left on the number line. She then adds a +6 and a -6 to the number line already drawn and shows that -6 is further left than -2 and so she circles this number to indicate that this is the smaller value.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades