Given a point through which a line passes and the value of its slope you can graph the line. To do this first plot the given line. Now taking the slope and using the rise over run method plot a second point. Connect these two points and this gives you the graph of the line. Extend this line further on both sides to get the complete line. The point where this line cuts the x-axes is called the x-intercept and the point where this line cuts the y-axes is called the y-intercept. The important point to remember is that slope is rise over run and how to use it to plot a new point from the given point. This video shows how to graph a line using a point and slope of it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades