A pyramid is a three dimensional figure with the base in the form of a triangle and three slant sides to it. To find the surface area of a pyramid you have to find the area of the different pieces that make it up. The pyramid base can be triangle or even other geometric figure like pentagon. So first draw the base of the pyramid separately and compute its area first. Now compute the area of each sides separately. The area of each side can be same if the pyramid is a regular pyramid. Some times you are given with the vertical height of the pyramid and then you have to calculate the slant height using the Pythagorean theorem to compute the area of the side. Finally add all the areas of all sides to arrive at the surface area of the pyramid. This video shows how to find the surface area of a pyramid.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades