First of all cut of the top and the bottom of the cylinder to get two circles. Now take a scissors and cut of the cylinder into two halves from the top to the bottom as shown. Now you get a rectangle shape. You can easily measure the length of the cylinder but to measure the base is a problem. So mark a point on the table with tape and also make a mark on the can or the object you want to measure. Now place the two points over each other. Now use a ruler as a guide and move the can so that the mark makes one complete turn and touches the surface. Now mark this point with a tape. Now you have to measure the distance. The area formula for the two circles, A =2(pie)(square of radius). And to calculate the area of the rectangular portion of the cylinder= (base) x (length of perpendicular height). Base = circumference of the circle, C=2(pie)(radius). From here we get the area = 2(pie)(radius)(perpendicular eight). Now to find the total surface area of the rectangle you need to add the area of the two circles and the area of the rectangle. That's it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades