This video tells us the method to find the surface area of an aluminium can or cylinder. The surface area includes the outside area of the curved portion and the aluminium top and bottom. The formula to find area is the multiple of 2, pi, r, r+h or (2)(pi)(r)(r+h). The radius of the cylinder is the radius of the circular top or bottom. In the example shown in the video, the radius is 4 inches and the height is 12 inches. Substituting the values in the formula, we get the surface area as (2)(3.14)(4)(4+12). This when simplified gives (6.28)(4)(16). These numbers when multiplied give the surface area as 401.92 square inch.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades