This video shows us the method to find the percent increase or decrease in a quantity. This can be done in 30 seconds. The formula states that the percentage increase or decrease is equal to the product of the ratio of amount (increase or decrease) and the original amount and 100. This is explained by two examples. In the first example the amount of increase of the price of groceries is found by taking the difference of the new price and the old price. This is divided by the original price and is multiplied by 100. In the second example the difference in the population is found by taking the difference of the old and new population. This is divided by the old population and the result is multiplied by 100.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades