This is a great instructional video on how to find oblique asymptotes of rational functions. Let us take the example f(x)= x square+4x-12 over x-6. Now we have to find the horizontal or oblique asymptotes of this rational function. The higher power here is x square which is at the top and hence we have to find oblique asymptotes of this function.When we divide x square+4x-12 by x-6 we get x=10 and the reminder is 48. Now you can easily write down the final answer. The oblique asymptote for the rational function f(x)=x square+4x-12 over x-6 is y=x+10.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades