First of all in the given question you have to write down the values of the total length of the line segment, PS=15. The length of the line segment, QR =3. Now you have to find the value of line segment RS. Because you know that the Q is the midpoint of the line segments PQ and QS must be equal. Therefore you can find out the length of the half of the segment using the midpoint. Subtract the value of QR from QS. Given that segment PS=15 and Q is the midpoint, you can conclude segment PQ=7.5 and QS = 7.5. Because 15 divide by 2 will give 7.5. Now given that the segment QR is 3 and you have just found that QS=7.5, so you can find segment RS by subtracting RS from QS that is, (7.5-3) = (4.5). Therefore 4.5 is the desired answer. That's it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades