In this video the instructor shows how to find a formula describing direct variation between two variables. Variation between two variables can be either direct variation or indirect variation. If a variable y is in direct variation with a variable x we can write the general equation between them as y = k * x. That is as x varies, y varies directly in relation to x, as a multiple of x. Now if you have the values of y and x, you can substitute them in this general equation which gives you the value of the constant k. Now knowing the value of the constant you can find the value of any variable x or y given the value of the other variable. This video shows how to derive the formula describing the direct variation.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades