In this video the instructor shows how to find out an equation of a perpendicular line. If you need to find the equation of a line passing through the given point and is perpendicular to another line, the first thing you need to do is compute the slope of the given line. Obtain the slope of the equation by writing it in the form of y = mx + b. Now the product of slopes of two perpendicular lines is a negative one. So the slope of our required line will be the negative inverse of the slope of given line. Now you have the point and slope of the required line. Substitute these values in the slope-point general equation giving you the equation of the perpendicular line. This video shows how to compute the equation of a perpendicular line.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades