This video shows the method to find the length of the total segment using the midpoint. Let the total line segment be PS. Let Q be the midpoint of PS. Let R be a point on the line segment QS. The first step involves the use of midpoint to find out the length of QS. We are given that QR = 1 and RS = 4.5. QS is equal to QR plus RS which is equal to 5.5. Now since Q is the midpoint of PS the total length of the segment PS is equal to twice the length of the segment QS. This is equal to 11 units. Thus, the length of segment PS is found to be 11 using the midpoint.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades