This video explains to you how to find the area of a square.
The area of a square is given by the formula
area = width x height
But since the width and height are by definition the same, the formula is usually written as
area = s x s
where s is the length of one side.
In strictly correct mathematical wording the formula above should be spoken as "s raised to the power of 2", meaning s is multiplied by itself. But we usually say it as "s squared". This wording actually comes from the square. The length of a line s multiplied by itself, creates the square of side s. Hence "s squared".
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades