Parallelogram is a quadrilateral in which both pairs of the opposites are parallel. To find the area of a parallelogram first draw the diagram of a parallelogram. Parallelogram can be further divided into squares and rectangles. To calculate the area of both of these kinds of parallelograms multiply the length of the parallelogram with its height. In general the area of a parallelogram in obtained by multiplying the base of a parallelogram with its altitude. In square and rectangle cases, their altitude is nothing but their height, which is their other side. But in a general parallelogram there is no line perpendicular to the base, and hence you need to find out the altitude to get its area. Multiplying this altitude with the base gives you the area of the parallelogram. This video shows how to compute the area of a parallelogram.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades