Quadrilaterals are four sided shapes that are closed. They are polygons. Quadrilaterals can be classified broadly in two ways. If the quadrilateral has a two pair of parallel sides then it falls in to the parallelogram category. Further now it can be broken down in to other shapes like square, rectangle, rhombus. If it has only one pair of parallel side then it falls into the trapezoid category. To compute the are of a trapezoid first you need to know the lengths of the parallel sides. Add the lengths of the sides and divide it by two. Now multiplying this average length of the sides with the height of the trapezoid gives the area of the trapezoid. To compute the area of a square or rectangle multiply the length of its base with its height.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades