This video shows the method to factor a trinomial with a negative sign in the front. The first step is to make the first term positive. This is done by taking the negative sign out. Then we see the middle term of the trinomial. The coefficient of the middle term is a positive one in the example shown. We have to group the coefficient of the first and third term in a way so that the difference is positive one. The appropriate combination is chosen so that this becomes true. In this way the trinomial is separated into its factors.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades