In this video, one teacher talked in detail about how to solve absolute value functions and how to translate different absolute value functions from one point in the matrix to another one horizontally and vertically. If the function is y=A|x-h|+k, generally, the diagram is symmetric based on the line of X and can be moved vertically based on k. The teacher gave several examples to explain how to illustrate the absolute value function. He started with a simple one: y=|x-h|, then continued with a more complex one: y=A|x-h|. From his illustration on the board, I find that the slope of the lines become steeper or flatter depending how big A is. Finally he gave the illustration of A|x-h|+k, the line of which is moved vertically.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades