In order to divide mixed numbers, you should change the mixed numbers into improper fractions. With the problem 5 Â¼ divided by 2 3/8, you should convert both mixed fractions to improper fractions. 5 Â¼ becomes 21/4, when you multiply 4 times 5 and add one. 2 3/8 becomes 19/8, when you multiply 8 times 2 and add 3. There is no division with fractions. There's only multiplication. Here, you will flip 19/8 and multiply 21/4 times 8/19. First, simplify, 21 times 2/19. This will give you 42/19. Then, you'll need to turn it back into a mixed fraction: 2 4/19.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades