Before you can find the area of any geometrical figure, recall what you are finding when you solve for the area. The area is the surface of a 2-dimensional shape. When trying to find the area of a right triangle, the easiest way is to first double the triangle so that it resembles a square. This is particularly important if you don't know the length of the hypotenuse. Using the knowledge that the area of a square is the length multiplied by the height, calculate the area of the square you created. Once you have the area of the square, divide that by two to find the area of your original triangle.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades