In this tutorial the instructor shows how to complete the square to graph a quadratic function using transformations. You can do this by transforming your equation in a series of steps. First make the coefficient of the square term to one by pulling out its numerical coefficient. Now to complete the square of the first part add half the coefficient of the variable with a degree one. Now to maintain the original value of the equation also make sure that you subtract the same value from the equation. Now you can re write the first part as a square. Now transformations are like the order of operations for what you do to the equation. Now the instructor shows how to identify these transformations and graph the equation. This video shows who to graph a quadratic function using transformations.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades