In order to solve a quadratic equation by completing the square, take a quadratic equation and make sure that the coefficient of the first squared term in one. If it is not factor it by pulling the term out to get it to one. Now just write down the first two terms in side a bracket and after it add the third term. Now take the coefficient of the x term and take one half of it and square it and put that number back into the bracket. Now as you added a new number, to cancel it out subtract it from the rest of the outside equation. Now the terms in the brackets can be written as a perfect square. Take the rest of the terms to the right hand side. Now apply square root on both sides and solve the equation for the value of x.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades