Learn how to find the area of circle by activity method.
Requirements: A circle cut out, a pair of scissors, sketch pen, and a ruler.
Take a circle of the radius.
Fold the circle along itself.
Fold it again.
Fold yet again.
Now unfold and observe the crease.
Number all the parts circle 1, 2,3,4,5...
Cut each part of the circle.
Arrange the cutouts adjust like parallelogram.
Take the extreme part and cut into two equal parts.
And place the each of the two parts on either part on either side to get a rectangle.
Now the parallelogram transforms into rectangle.
Measure the length and breadth of the rectangle.
Now we see that the length of the rectangle is equal to the half of the circumference of the circle and the breadth is equal to the radius of the circle.
Calculate the area of the rectangle (using the formula)
Area of the rectangle= length*breadth
So the area of circle= Area of rectangle
Which is the formula of the area of the circle?
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades