In this tutorial, we learn how to bisect a line segment. First, you need to adjust your compass so the distance from the sharp part and the drawing part is the size of the line. Then, put the sharp part on one side and draw your arc with the pencil. Do this on both sides of the line so your image shows two arcs that intersect each other. Since you have these two intersecting lines, you can draw a line between these to show where the middle of the line would be. Use a ruler to draw this straight, then you're finished.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades