In this video, we learn how to back out the tax from a receipt. If you have a receipt where you see how much you paid and know the tax rate, except you want to figure out the cost of the item before the tax. First, take the cost of the item including tax and what the tax rate is. To figure out the original price, let x equal the cost of the item. Add the tax to the cost of the item which will equal the cost you paid. Perform the equation 1x+(tax rate)= (total price). After you figure this equation out, you will know what the cost of the item is that you are looking for!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades