To solve simple algebraic expressions you have to use different properties. Distributive property is one among them. To apply distributive property in a algebraic expression multiply each term inside the parenthesis by the outside term. In this way you are distributing the outside term to all the inside terms and removing the parenthesis. Hence it is called distributive property. After multiplying add the like terms to simplify it further. Care should be taken to ensure the proper sign changes if the outside term is negative. A negative term multiplied to a negative term is positive and a negative term multiplied to a positive term is negative in result. This video shows how to apply distributive property.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades