This is a video that teaches how to add and subtract fractions. For fractions that have like denominators, you simply add the numerator and keep the denominator. Next, you reduce the fraction to its lowest term.
For denominators that are not the same, you first have to find a common denominator. This is done by using the Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) method. You find the lowest common multiple of the denominator and make that the denominator of both fractions. Next, make each fraction equal according to their new denominator. After that, you simply add the new numerators and simplify to the lowest term if needed. For a subtraction problem,
if denominators are the same, you simply subtract the numerators and reduce if possible.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades