Learn how to add rational, or fractional, numbers by following the tutorial in this video. In the case of fractions where the denominators are the same, the addition is simple: you simply add the numerators and keep the denominator the same. When the denominators are not the same, you need to find the least common denominator (or multiple). Take a look at your denominators and test different numbers to find the smallest multiple of the two. Then, convert the two original fractions so that their denominators have the same multiples. Then, add the numerators straight across to find your answer.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades