This video shows the method to add rational expressions with different denominators. The first step in this process involves finding the LCD. After this is done, the numerator and denominator are multiplied by a specific number so that the fractions are rewritten with common denominators. In the second step the numerators are added or subtracted according to the problem with LCD in the denominator. Simplify the numerator by adding or subtracting like terms. After this, we get a rational expression with simplified numerator and LCD in the denominator. We take the factors which are common in both numerator and denominator. We cancel these common factors to arrive at the final result.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades