This video instructs on how to find the sum of fractions that have the same denominator. In order to do this, all that needs to be done is to add the different numerators together, then put the sum of those numbers over the common denominator. The example used is 2/9 + 1/9 + 5/9. The first step is to add the numerators which gives you 2 + 1 + 5/9. Then simplify the fraction adding 2 + 1 + 5 which equals 8. That is your numerator. The denominator does not change because it is common, so the final result is 8/9.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades