In this Education video tutorial you will learn how to find the probability of winning the Texas Lottery. There are two sets of balls. One set contains of 56 balls, out of which five balls are picked. The other set contains 46 balls and only one is picked out of this set. All your 5+1 numbers have to match the drawn numbers for you to win the jackpot. Here you are calculating the probability of picking all the 5 balls and the special ball correctly, i.e., P(all 5 balls ^ 1 special ball). Both these are independent on each other. So, you calculate; P(all 5 balls) x P( 1 special ball). This can be written as; (1 / 56C5) x (1/ 46), where C stands for choose. 56C5 = 56! / 51! x 5!, where ‚Äò!‚Äô stands for factorial. When you solve this, you will get the probability of winning the Texas lottery as .000000000569111, if you buy only one ticket.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades